Are You Still Wearing Glasses After Previous Cataract Surgery?
You may have better distance vision after cataract surgery, but do you still need glasses for close-up activities like reading a menu or using your mobile phone?
Sulcoflex Trifocal can offer you the FREEDOM to see CLEARLY at all distances, without glasses
Sulcoflex Trifocal is the world’s first supplementary trifocal intraocular lens (IOL) for people who have already had cataract surgery.
Sulcoflex Trifocal is placed in front of the original lens that was implanted during your cataract surgery. With industry-leading optical technologies designed to enhance your near and intermediate vision, Sulcoflex Trifocal can rid the need to wear glasses for most everyday activities at any distance.
What is Sulcoflex Trifocal?
The lens that was implanted during your cataract surgery has a single point of focus and is called a ‘monofocal intraocular lens’ (IOL). This typically means that only objects in the distance (more than 6.5ft in front of you) can be seen in detail. For everything else, you usually need glasses to focus the light as it enters your eye.
Unlike a monofocal IOL, Sulcoflex Trifocal has three points of focus that cover near, intermediate and distance vision. When paired with the monofocal IOL already in your eye, Sulcoflex Trifocal is a flexible solution that can reduce your need to wear glasses for more close-up activities, like reading or gardening.
- Near distance – reading, writing, using your mobile phone
- Intermediate distance – using your computer, swinging a golf club, or doing anything at arm’s length
- Far distance – cycling, driving, watching TV
Free from frustration
Whether it’s because of constantly putting them on and taking them off throughout the day, or accidentally leaving them behind when you need them, using reading glasses can be annoying.
Even simple ‘transition’ situations such as watching TV and then reading a message on your mobile phone, or reading a menu and then looking up to say your choice can be slowed down by the use of glasses.
Sulcoflex Trifocal is one of the most advanced IOLs available today, giving you the opportunity to increase your independence from wearing glasses for the majority of everyday activities, at any distance.
Unlike other procedures which are permanent with no option of adjustability, Sulcoflex Trifocal can be removed, replaced or even upgraded at any time – providing you with flexibility and peace of mind.
What are the possible BENEFITS of Sulcoflex Trifocal?
- Convenience – reduce your reliance on glasses for activities at any distance.
- Safety – similar to your cataract surgery, Sulcoflex Trifocal implantation is fast, safe and clinically proven.
- Visual adjustments – if your vision after cataract surgery is not as good as it should be then Sulcoflex Trifocal can correct this at the same time.
- Flexible – Sulcoflex Trifocal can be implanted at any time after your cataract surgery.
- Reversible – unlike other procedures, if you don’t adapt to Sulcoflex Trifocal lenses then your eye surgeon can remove them.
Sulcoflex Trifocal is suitable if you…
- Are keen to get rid of your glasses for activities at near and intermediate distances.
- Spend a lot of time doing near and intermediate distance activities, like reading or using a mobile phone/computer
- Sulcoflex Trifocal may not be suitable if you have co-existing eye conditions or do a lot of night driving